Adam Neufer is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. His practice is devoted exclusively to divorce and family law matters, including probate matters such as step-parent adoptions and guardianships.
Adam has been successfully representing families and individuals in complex and high-conflict matters since 2010. Previously, he served as a judicial extern to the former supervising judge of the San Francisco Unified Family Court, Hon. Patrick J. Mahoney (ret.). Representative cases include complex support and property matters such as cases involving business valuations, executive compensation and venture capitalist investments, domestic and international jurisdictional disputes, contested parentage proceedings, contested child custody proceedings including “move-away” requests, guardianships of the person, and matters involving domestic violence.
Whether it be through focused negotiations or aggressive litigation, Adam works with clients to develop and execute a customized strategy to meet their goals and achieve outcomes that matter. When he’s not practicing law, you may find him volunteering with Muttville, a charity organization for senior dogs, or spending time in the great outdoors.
- 2020 Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2016-2019 Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Advanced Legal Writing
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Appellate Advocacy
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
- Autism Society of California, former board member
- Golden Gate University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- California State University – Sacramento, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, 2005