Elsa-Marie Medeiros practices all areas of family law including property characterization and division, child and spousal support, and contested child custody and visitation. She has experience in all types of cases, from simple to complex financial assets, as well as cryptocurrency issues. She is well versed in working with forensic accountants and CPAs.
Her background in representing trauma-impacted youth in school expulsion hearings and guardianship and immigration proceedings provides her with the unique perspective on the effects of trauma and abuse on children’s well-being. She is a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in San Francisco County. As a CASA, she advocates for abused and neglected children in the dependency system. She is empathetic and provides legal counsel that specifically caters to her client’s personal needs and goals.
Elsa-Marie speaks fluent Portuguese. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking in Marin County and practicing yoga.
- UC Hastings College of the Law, Juris Doctorate & Child Advocacy Certificate
- University of San Francisco, Bachelor of Arts in Politics, summa cum laude
- Stanford University, Certificate in Humans Rights
- State Bar of California
- San Francisco County Bar Association – Family Law Section
- San Mateo County Bar Association – Family Law Section
- Portuguese American Bar Association
- Hastings Pro Bono Society
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Mediation
- Witkin Award for Civil Procedure
- The Few and Varying Published Decisions on the Presumption of Undue Influence. Family Law News, Official Publication of the State Bar of California Family Law Section, Issue 3, Vol. 42, 2020.