- Cornell Law School, Juris Doctorate, Concentration in Business Law and Regulation, 2002
- University of California, Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, Psychology, 1999
- Harvard Law School, Advanced Negotiation Workshop, 2017
Known for her expert representation of the Bay Area’s senior executives and their spouses, Kiana protects her clients in high asset divorces and contested custody cases so that they can transition to a more hopeful chapter in their lives.
In her eighteen years of legal practice, Kiana has negotiated and litigated the full spectrum of disputes that occur in financially sophisticated divorces. She represents start-up founders, venture capitalists, private equity partners, real estate developers, business owners of privately held companies, and others. She has achieved successful outcomes for clients in issues involving business valuations, real estate, private equity and limited partnership income, carried interest, restricted stock, and founders’ stock.
With each case, she creates effective strategies in dividing marital assets and spousal and child support. She focuses on each client’s particular needs with “big-picture” astuteness. She educates her clients about the advantages and disadvantages of various approaches, enabling her clients to make the best decisions for their new post-divorce lives. She also counsels clients on the most advantageous forum for their particular situations, whether it is negotiations between lawyers, consulting as counsel in mediation, before private judges, or pursuing litigation in court. When appropriate, she strategizes with her tailored network of outside consultants including forensic accountants, wealth managers, estate planners, corporate counsel, custody experts, therapists, and others. Kiana aims to not only not help her clients achieve favorable results in their divorce, but she is committed to setting them up for their happier lives post-divorce.
Kiana also specializes in contested custody disputes. In custody and visitation matters, she advises on parenting plans best suited for the client and the client’s family, often working with psychologists that specialize in divorcing couples. She is particularly proud of providing many clients the tools and education to become better co-parents post-divorce. She has also obtained several successful results for her clients in move-away/relocation disputes.
When she’s not helping her clients, you can find her out in nature biking, hiking, or simply spending time with her family and friends. As a lifelong learner, Kiana is always taking some sort of adult class and in the middle of a good book.
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco – Family Law (Chair of Barristers Section, 2011-2013)
- Bar Association of San Mateo – Family Law
- Bar Association of Alameda – Family Law
- Bar Association of Contra Costa – Family Law
- Bar Association of Santa Clara – Family Law
- Multiple mediation/negotiation trainings, including Certificates of Completion in Mediation, Conflict Resolution, and Collaborative Law
- Member, Jewish Bar Association of San Francisco
- Advisor, Rainbowbetter.org
- UBS Private Wealth Management, Family Law Basics for Financial Professionals
- Andersen Tax, Family Law Basics for Financial Professionals
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Family Law Solo Practice: Starting And Making It Last
- Bar Association, Goodwill in the Legal and Medical Profession: How This Asset Can Be Divided And Valued In Your Divorce
- Google, Family Law Issues in the LGBT Community
- Second Saturday Divorce Workshop, San Mateo