- Stanford Law School, Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Virginia, B.S., With Distinction in Commerce and Spanish
Jennifer Saslaw’s practice focuses on complex family law litigation and as a consulting attorney to clients in mediation. As a graduate of Stanford Law School and a former corporate attorney at Orrick, Herrington, & Sutcliffe, Jennifer’s background enables her to understand complex business issues and find creative solutions to the problems that often arise in dividing marital assets. She has expertise in working with employees and entrepreneurs of technology companies of all sizes, from early-stage through IPO, as well as clients who work in professional practices and limited partnerships. Jennifer has experience working with assets of all types and has worked with clients who have founders shares, restricted stock, stock options, carried interest, and general and limited and partnership interests to find creative solutions to dividing these complex assets.
In addition to providing counsel through litigation, Jennifer also serves as an advisor to clients who are in mediation to settle their divorce, custody, and support matters. She works with her clients to determine the key issues in their dissolution, including division of their marital estate, and custody and timeshare of their children. Jennifer’s goal is to help her mediation clients find solutions that meet their needs and the needs of their children, without costly litigation.
Jennifer works with clients who need help litigating and resolving complex custody issues, including move-aways. She has worked extensively with same-sex couples in both divorce and domestic partnership dissolution. She also provides pre-marriage advice and counsel to clients who want a better understanding of how to protect their assets prior to marriage.
Jennifer completed service as a United States Peace Corps Volunteer where she worked in the Economic Development sector in rural Honduras, though she now spends her time in the Bay Area with her family.
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco – Family Law Section
- California Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service Award for her work in Family Law
- UBS Private Wealth Management, Family Law Basics for Financial Professionals
- WTAS, Family Law Basics for Financial Professionals
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Family Law Solo Practice: Starting and Making It Last