Solving Complex Family Law Issues with Creative Strategies

Oakland Move-Away and Relocation Lawyer

While there are many reasons a parent may need to relocate, their relocation can significantly impact the custody rights of the other parent. If you have a child and plan on relocating or your co-parent intends to move away, the experienced Oakland family law attorneys at Moradi Saslaw can help.

At Moradi Saslaw, we understand the complex issues surrounding relocation and can guide you through the process regardless of the difficulties you may be facing. Our Oakland move-away and relocation attorneys are:

  • Caring and compassionate towards families and their unique needs;
  • Skilled and knowledgeable in the processes and procedures surrounding
  • California’s relocation laws; and
  • Dedicated and determined to protect your legal rights as a parent.

Call or contact Moradi Saslaw online today to discuss your move-away or relocation matter. We can present you with your best available legal options and devise a strategy to suit your legal goals.

Our Oakland Move-Away and Relocation Attorneys Can Help

It is imperative you contact an experienced move-away and relocation attorney as soon as you know you or your co-parent intends to move. The process of child relocation and custody modification takes time for proper handling by the court.

At Moradi Saslaw, our skilled attorneys will do the following on your behalf:

  • Ensure your or your co-parent has a valid reason for a move;
  • Build a strong argument on your behalf;
  • Properly prepare and present all necessary documentation to the court;
  • Meet any procedural deadlines, including those for motion hearings or a final hearing.

Get the legal advice and information you need now by consulting the attorneys at Moradi Saslaw. Call our Oakland office to schedule your first appointment.

Parent with Sole Custody Wants to Move

In California, when a parent with sole custody of a child wishes to move, they may do so as long as the move is in good faith and does not prejudice the rights or welfare of the child. The non-moving parent may object to the move; the moving parent need not prove the move is necessary.

Parent with Custody Wants to Move

A non-custodial parent may object to a custodial parent’s move by filing for a custody modification. However, a custody modification requires a substantial change in circumstances that renders it “essential or expedient for the welfare of the children” that there be a custody change. The non-custodial parent must prove the proposed move would be detrimental to the child.

Parent with Joint Physical Custody Wants to Move

When a parent with joint physical custody wants to move, the court must review the case as if it is a new custody matter. A custody decision is rendered based on the best interests of the child. This means that any custody and visitation rulings are made to foster and encourage the child’s happiness, security, mental health, and emotional development into young adulthood.

Parent with No Custody Order Wants to Move

If there is no custody order is placed at the time of the proposed move, then a move-away request is decided in the best interests of the child.

Contact an Experienced Oakland Move-Away and Relocation Attorney

If you are planning to move to another state or are facing a co-parent’s relocation, Moradi Saslaw can help. Our experienced relocation attorneys can offer you honest and practical legal advice in dealing with a move and the guidance you need to make your best possible case before the court.

Contact us in Oakland to schedule a confidential consultation.